About the University
Acronyms & Building Abbreviations
Administration & Governance
Campus Life & Events
Code of Conduct
Commencement & Convocation
Consulting by Faculty
Diversity & Equity
Emergency & Safety Information
Graduate Students & Post-Docs
Grants, Contracts, & Patents
Intellectual Property & Copyright
Legal Representation & Liablility
Maps & Directions
New Faculty & Staff
Parking & Transportation
Personnel & Employment
Promotion, Tenure, & Reappointment
Record Retention & Data Security
Space & Facilities
Student Financial Aid
UConn Co-op Bookstore
- The Purchasing Department is staffed by procurement professionals who have the knowledge, skills and training to assist University personnel in the purchase of required goods and services.
- This expertise insures that procurement decisions will be made in the best interest of the University and in compliance with Connecticut state statutes and University policies.
- Each employee plays an active role in the purchasing function. Many of us requisition goods and services, while others are directly involved in the purchase of goods and services.
- LINK: Purchasing Department
- NOTE: Some items, such as office, maintenance, and laboratory supplies, may be available through Central Stores. For these types of purchases, please go to the University Services section of this Resource Guide.
- LINK: Central Stores – Resource Guide
- The Purchasing Department’s online user’s manual can clarify what is expected in the purchase of goods and services. There may be questions or concerns regarding the procurement process which are not answered in the manual, and all such inquiries are welcome at Purchasing.
- LINK: User’s Manual – Purchasing
- The Purchasing Card, also known as ProCard, is a credit card which is used by departments as an alternative to the University procurement processes. The ProCard provides an efficient and effective method of purchasing and paying for goods and services with a value less than $1,000.
- LINK: Purchasing Card/ProCard Information
Contracts with Vendors
- The University has contracts with vendors for some goods and services. Purchasing maintains a listing of all contracts and provides contact information to reach the appropriate purchasing agent in the department.
- LINK: Contracts – Purchasing
Purchasing Agents for Commodities
- Purchasing agents in the department also are assigned to handle certain commodities, from athletic uniforms to window treatments and appliances to trash recycling. A list of purchasing agents and the commodities for which they are responsible may also be found on the department website.
- LINK: Commodities – Purchasing