Collective Bargaining Units

Personnel & Employment

  • Also See: Titles & Payscales

  • Collective Bargaining Units

  • The University of Connecticut has collective bargaining agreements that cover most faculty and staff.
  • These agreements state conditions of employment, and encompass major areas such as salaries, leaves of absence, performance evaluations and a host of other topics that relate to daily functions at the University.¬†
  • There are two major categories of unionized employees at the University: unclassified and classified.
  • Unclassified Employees
    1. Unclassified employees include those who are faculty or professionals. Unclassified employees are employed in University-specific bargaining units.
    2. The faculty is represented by the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA) represents the professional employees (excluding Management Exempt titles).
  • LINK: Unclassified Bargaining Units – Human Resources
  • Classified Employees
    1. Classified employees include those in the maintenance/service, administrative clerical, safety, and residual fields. Classified employees are employed in state-wide bargaining units.
    2. There are a number of classified bargaining units working at the University. For the complete list, go to the Labor Relations website.
  • LINK: Classified Bargaining Units – Labor Relations
  • Management and Confidential Employees
    1. Management and confidential employees are not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
  • LINK: Labor Relations