About the University
Acronyms & Building Abbreviations
Administration & Governance
Audit, Compliance, & Ethics
Campus Life & Events
Code of Conduct
Commencement & Convocation
Consulting by Faculty
Diversity & Equity
Emergency & Safety Information
Graduate Students & Post-Docs
Grants, Contracts, & Patents
Intellectual Property & Copyright
Legal Representation & Liablility
Maps & Directions
New Faculty & Staff
Parking & Transportation
Personnel & Employment
Promotion, Tenure, & Reappointment
Record Retention & Data Security
Space & Facilities
Student Financial Aid
UConn Co-op Bookstore
- The Office of Office of Economic Development (OED) manages a continuum of services and provides expertise supporting faculty commercialization efforts so there is an assurance that such interests do not interfere with academic responsibilities and that the University interests are protected and supported.
- LINK: Office of Economic Development
- The Center for Science and Technology Commercialization (CSTC) protects faculty inventions, licenses them and distributes revenue following University policy allowing for faculty to share in compensation earned from their inventive activity.
- For faculty inventors developing a new technology, the Center for Science and Technology Commercialization (CSTC) helps at every stage of the commercialization process. CSTC is responsible for the identification, evaluation, protection, marketing and licensing of the University of Connecticut’s and the UCONN Health Center’s inventions in the life and physical sciences.
- LINK: Center for Science and Technology Commercialization
- LINK: University Inventor’s Guide(PDF)
- The UConn Research & Development Corporation (R&D Corp) takes selected technologies that can form the basis for a new company and develops the business plan, leadership team, and raises the necessary capital allowing faculty to limit time dedicated to a company formed with their technology.
- LINK: UConn Research & Development Corporation
- The UConn Technology Incubation Program (TIP) provides incubation space and support services for UConn technology startups or other firms collaborating at UConn to help companies become successful utilizing appropriate processes for use of UConn resources.
- LINK: UConn Technology Incubation Program
- LINK: Policy on Incubation Company Leasing
- The UConn Tech-Knowledge Portal (the Portal) facilitates access and creates relationships between faculty, students, and industry.
- LINK: Tech-Knowledge Portal