• Payroll Department

  • The mission of the Payroll Department is to provide timely and accurate payments to all University of Connecticut employees by following guidelines, policies and procedures set forth by the University, the State and the Federal Government.
  • The primary function of the Payroll department is processing bi-weekly payments to employees of the University.
  • Other special services provided include, but are not limited to the issuance of pink slips, Worker’s Compensation checks, Social Security earnings reports, and Moving Expense reimbursements.
  • Payroll also answers questions about and assists in filling out forms, such as Federal and State W-4 forms, Direct Deposit Authorization Agreement, Salary Amendment Agreement Form (for tax deferred products), Savings Bond Maintenance Form, and Change Of Address.
  • LINK: Payroll Department
  • LINK: Payroll FAQ – ePay
  • LINK: Payroll FAQ – Tax & W2 Info
  • LINK: Payroll Forms
  • Paycheck Information Self Service (ePay)
    1. Paycheck information is accessible online through the State of Connecticut Core-CT Portal. Employees are also able to view and make online changes to the personal information that appears on their paychecks or online direct deposit statements.
  • LINK: ePay
  • Paycheck Distribution
    1. Paychecks, including direct deposit statements, are distributed to employees via their work departments on Thursdays on a biweekly basis.  Employees should check with their department administrator to verify the internal distribution process.
  • LINK: Paycheck Distribution
  • Direct Deposit
    1. Direct deposit is recommended for all University employees. Direct deposit enables you to avoid the inconvenience of manually depositing a check each pay period. It also protects against the loss or theft of checks. Payments made via direct deposit are timely and reliable and the funds from direct deposit payments are accessible earlier than the funds from checks.
    2. Employees who reside outside of Connecticut, or who work at regional campuses, are strongly encouraged to participate in direct deposit.
  • LINK: Direct Deposit
  • Lost & Replacement Checks
    1. Go to the Payroll main office to complete a “lost check affidavit.”  You will be asked to provide the date of the missing check and a picture ID.  If you are unable to complete an affidavit at the main office, you may request to have the affidavit mailed to you. Please note that the affidavit must be notarized.
    2. The Office of the State Treasurer will issue a replacement check within two to four weeks of receiving a completed lost check affidavit.
  • Workers’ Compensation
    1. Employees who are injured or become ill while performing their job duties may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits.  These benefits are in accordance with the Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Act, and are administered by a third party vendor and the State Department of Administrative Services who work collaboratively with the Payroll Department to manage reported claims, medical treatment, and the return-to-work process.   All work-related injuries and illnesses must be immediately reported to a supervisor so that a “first report” can be generated.
  • LINK: Workers’ Compensation
  • Special Payroll Authorization Request
    1. The Special Payroll Authorization Request (SPAR) Application is the University’s online system used to ensure all special payroll transactions are reviewed and approved by the Provost/Vice President and the Department of Human Resources prior to the start of work.
  • LINK: SPAR Information
  • Non-Resident Alien Tax Information
    1. Non-resident aliens (NRAs) employed by the University of Connecticut are subject to federal and state withholding taxes in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.  Certain NRAs may be subject to a reduced federal withholding rate if their country of residency has a tax treaty with the United States.  Treaty benefit eligibility is determined the Payroll Department.
  • LINK: Non-resident Alien Tax Information
  • Moving Expenses, Reimbursement
    1. As consistent with policies set by the Board of Trustees, the payment of moving expenses may be granted for newly hired faculty or managerial administrators
  • LINK: Guidelines for Reimbursement of Moving Expenses