New Faculty & Staff
Welcome to the University of Connecticut
- This Faculty and Staff Resource Guide will be an important guide for new members of the faculty, administration, and staff at the University of Connecticut.
- Each of the categories in the Guide has basic information about the operations, policies, and resources at the University, but the following are recommended as you begin your UConn career:
- LINK: Personnel & Employment
- LINK: Libraries
- LINK: Information Technology
- LINK: Parking & Transportation
- LINK: Emergency & Safety Information
- LINK: Maps & Directions
- LINK: Campus Life & Events
Before You Start – Get Your NetID
- Before your first day, check with your unit/department administrative staff about obtaining your NetID. You will need it to log in to University services and your email. You can find more information about this on the Getting Started With UITS webpage.
- LINK: Getting Started With UITS
First Day Recommendation – Get Your Parking Permit
- On your first day as a University employee, it is recommended that your first stop be at the Parking & Transportation Department or appropriate regional campus office to get your parking permit.
- Parking is divided into zones on the Storrs campus and the annual cost of the permit is based on the parking zone. (Special-payroll employees are charged a flat fee that is prorated according to duration of employment.) A photo driver’s license, vehicle registration, and a valid UConn I.D. (or your job offer/authorization letter) must be presented when purchasing a permit.
- LINK: Obtaining/Renewing a Parking Permit
International Faculty (Visiting & Permanent):
- All international faculty concerned about immigration, visa, residency or employment status issues, please visit the International Section on the Resource Guide or contact International Student & Scholar Services.
- LINK: Global Section
- LINK: International Student & Scholar Services